Guitar, Bass, Banjo, Ukulele Lessons Aurora CO
ATTENDANCE & PAYMENT POLICY - 2018
Make sure you understand and agree to these rules before signing up for lessons.
Taking music lessons requires a commitment from both student and teacher. I am committed to your scheduled lesson time each week.
Please be on time for your lesson each week and practice your assigned material.
The following policy will help ensure students are not wasting their time or mine.
1. Advance Payment: Lessons are to be paid for, in advance, in 4 or 5 week cycles, the first week of each calendar month. PAYMENTS MADE AFTER THE 10TH day of the month ARE CONSIDERED LATE.
The cost is $100.00 for 4 weekly lessons. Some months will have 5 lesson dates. In this case, pay $125 for 5 weeks in advance for any calendar month containing 5 weekly lesson dates. Cash, check, PayPal, credit/debit card accepted. You may pay with CASH, check, credit/debit card, or on the Payment page of my website www.smokyhillmusic.com (payment link provided in every monthly newsletter.) Deduct for any lessons you plan to miss for vacations, etc.
2. Cancellations: Students are asked to give at least 24-hour notice to cancel a scheduled lesson; except in the case of bad weather, illness or other last-minute conflict, or emergency, in which case students are asked to inform me as soon as they know they will be missing their scheduled lesson time.
A make-up lesson will be scheduled at the earliest possible mutually convenient date. All missed lessons must be made up within that month or forfeited. Missed lessons will no longer carry over into the next month.
Exceptions will be made for illnesses, vacations, bad weather, or if we are unable to find a mutually convenient date before month's end.
I have always been, and will continue to be flexible with scheduling and accommodating to your hectic schedules as much as practical.
If the student does not show up for the agreed-upon make-up date, student will forfeit that lesson.
3. No-shows: If the student fails to show up and doesn't call or text to inform me in advance, the student will forfeit that lesson and no make-up lesson will be scheduled. Any student who misses two consecutive lessons without calling/texting (either before or after the missed lesson) will be assumed to have quit and will be dropped from the schedule.
4. Cancellation by teacher: If I need to miss a lesson I will notify you as soon as possible and we will schedule a make-up lesson.
All scheduled lessons canceled by me will be credited to you and a make-up lesson time will be scheduled with you. If the lesson is not made-up by the end of the month, it will be credited to the following month. +
5. LATE for Lesson: Students who arrive late for their lesson will not get their full 30 minutes. Most lessons are scheduled back-to-back. Your lesson will end when it is time for the next student's lesson to begin. If your lesson starts late because my schedule is running behind, you will still get your full lesson time.
6. Refunds: If a student decides to quit taking lessons in the middle of a 4-week lesson cycle, all remaining lessons will be forfeited.
No refunds will be given.
7. ILLNESS: It is VERY important that you understand this:
If you are contagious: coughing, sneezing, runny nose, stomach issues, fever, sore throat, or have any other illness symptoms that may be contagious, then - PLEASE- DO NOT SHOW UP FOR YOUR LESSON. You will always be credited for a make-up lesson when you cancel due to illness, or bad weather/hazardous roads.
We will schedule a makeup lesson for when you are feeling better AND NO LONGER CONTAGIOUS.
Students who show up for their lesson with apparent symptoms of illness will be asked to go home.
Students who repeatedly show up sick will be dropped from the lessons schedule.
My teaching schedule is very full, and being self-employed I cannot afford the loss of income from being sick even for one day, let alone the week of missed work that would follow catching your flu or cold. I am quite serious about this policy and I will continue to enforce it.
Even if you have to cancel at the very last minute, I would prefer you do so instead of showing up sick. Make sure any other adults who may be called upon to bring the child to lessons understand this policy.
Monthly Newsletter: I send out a monthly newsletter with info about scheduling, payments, recitals, activities, and other student news. These newsletters are required reading. I need to know that everyone is on the same page and actively engaged in their child's lessons. It would also be helpful if the students read the newsletter as well.
Snow Days: If school was cancelled, or if there is bad weather, then you may feel free to cancel your lessons if you feel the roads are not safe. Please, always choose safety over lessons. I will always understand and accommodate this. Students who live in the nearby neighborhoods and/or can make it here safely may still be able to attend their lesson if they choose. In the case of a snowstorm, make-up lessons may be be held the following weekend, or as soon as possible.
Call or text to schedule a make-up.
Call/Text 720-277-5336 to re-schedule a lesson.